Strange swap behaviour

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Thu Jun 8 22:36:39 UTC 2006

Paul Schmehl wrote:

> I'm having the exact same problem on 6.0/amd64.  I commented out the
> stream4 preprocessor lines in the snort.conf file and the problem went
> away.  I just uncommented them this morning, to confirm that that is
> what is causing the problem.
>
> It appears that there is a memory leak in the stream4 preprocessor, but
> before I report it, I want to confirm that the symptoms are repeatable.

I've been told that a memory leak in the stream4 preprocessor was fixed
in the 2.6.0 release.  So you may want to update to that now, or comment
it out until the maintainer updates the port.  (That port is usually
pretty well maintained, so I suspect it won't be long before it's updated.)

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer