apache13 to 22

bsd at bathnetworks.com bsd at bathnetworks.com
Thu Jun 8 08:45:14 UTC 2006

> Dag Rune Sneeggen wrote:
>> Perttu Laine wrote:

>>> Just to inform you people about this old apache13 to apache22 upgrade -
>>> worked just fine. I made config files ready earlier and it was only
>>> about
>>> 15mins downtime and everything went nicely and smoothly without
>>> problems
>>> with this process. Except instead of ports/www/mod_php5 I used
>>> ports/lang/php5, but that's same. :)
>>>

>> Actually www/mod_php5 and lang/php5 isn't exactly the same. www/mod_php5
>> only includes the mod_php5 module, whilst lang/php5 includes the CLI php
>> system as well :)
>>
>> Nice to hear it worked so smoothly for you though!
>>

> www/mod_php5 doesn't exist any longer.
>
> and vehement claims that php5 is broken in ports persist, but
> aren't true as near as I can tell from both external evidence
> and personal experience.
>
> Kevin Kinsey

Kevin,

The latest version of php5 did not work for me. In my case I had a new
install of a minimum system cvsuped to 6.1R P1 and then portsnapped before
install. Yes I had read updating before and I had been following the posts
re PHP5 and configured PHP5 with the apache module. What ever I did,
including asking on this list did not work - PHP5 refused to run. Most of
the replies I got said read updating - I refrained from relying read the
question.

In the end I ran out of time and installed centos which worked with no
problems with an earlier version of PHP5.

Rob