apache13 to 22

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Wed Jun 7 23:37:34 UTC 2006

Dag Rune Sneeggen wrote:
> Perttu Laine wrote:
>> On 12/9/05, Odhiambo Washington <wash at wananchi.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> apachectl stop
>>> cd /usr/ports/www/apache13
>>> make deinstall
>>> cd /usr/ports/www/apache22 && make install
>>> cd /usr/ports/www/mod_php5
>>> make -DWITH_APACHE2 -DFORCE_PKG_REGISTER reinstall
>>>

>> Just to inform you people about this old apache13 to apache22 upgrade -
>> worked just fine. I made config files ready earlier and it was only about
>> 15mins downtime and everything went nicely and smoothly without problems
>> with this process. Except instead of ports/www/mod_php5 I used
>> ports/lang/php5, but that's same. :)
>>

> Actually www/mod_php5 and lang/php5 isn't exactly the same. www/mod_php5
> only includes the mod_php5 module, whilst lang/php5 includes the CLI php
> system as well :)
>
> Nice to hear it worked so smoothly for you though!

www/mod_php5 doesn't exist any longer.

and vehement claims that php5 is broken in ports persist, but
aren't true as near as I can tell from both external evidence
and personal experience.

Kevin Kinsey

--
When I demanded of my friend what viands he preferred,
He quoth: A large cold bottle, and a small hot bird!