Any current user experience with Asterisk on FreeBSD

Jason Lixfeld jason+lists.freebsd-questions at lixfeld.ca
Sat Jun 3 11:33:00 PDT 2006

I don't like the idea of having to run Linux because their system
tools just don't compare to FreeBSD, but I have had bad experience in
the past with FreeBSD + Asterisk using software timing.  This time
around, I have a TDM400P with an FXO for timing, but I'm not sure
what the zaptel support is like currently.

Asking around in asterisk land is useless because they are all linux
zealots so I can't get a straight answer except for "FreeBSD Sucks"
so I'm hoping someone on this side of the fence can give me a little
more comprehensive overview of their experiences.

The system isn't anything complicated..  Just MoH, the TDM400P and
Meetme..

Anyone have any experience, one way or the other?