Does FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE support the 8237R?

Danial Thom danial_thom at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 08:28:19 PDT 2006

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.11-STABLE/hardware-i386.html
> > #DISK, for
> > instance). If anyone could tell me where the
> page is at, or knows the
> > answer, I'd really appreciate it.
>

> I have the same board in a server running 4.11
> (FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE #0) and
> no problems to report.  The nic is detected as
> "RealTek 8129/8139" but seems
> to function just fine.  I would recommend
> building a temporary system, doing
> an install and then once you verify all is
> well...  Swap the board into your
> existing machine.

Did you say you are running a server? That MB is
only suitable for desktop use, as it has the
slowest ethernet controller known to man on a
32/33Mhz bus. Running this MB as a server is like
putting cheap, skinny tires on  your porsche.

DT