Does FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE support the 8237R?

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Fri Jun 2 08:01:57 PDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 02:49:22PM +0000, Mark wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I run FreeBSD 4.11 stable, and I need to replace my ASUS K8V Deluxe
> motherboard. I am thinking about de K8V-X SE. However, instead of the 8237
> chipset, it has the 8237R. Is that supported in FreeBSD 4.11 stable as
> well?

As I understand it, there is very little difference between the VIA 8237 and
the VIA 8237R.  If an OS works on one of them, it should work on the other
as well.

> Also, instead of the Gigabyte LAN, it has a Realtek 8201CL D version
> LAN. Will that work, too? I can, for the life of me, no longer find a link
> on the new FreeBSD site (like
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.11-STABLE/hardware-i386.html#DISK, for
> instance). If anyone could tell me where the page is at, or knows the
> answer, I'd really appreciate it.

I am not familiar with the ethernet controller, and don't know if it is
supported by any version of FreeBSD, but the page you are looking for is
probably  http://www.freebsd.org/relnotes/4-STABLE/hardware/i386/index.html

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson