gutenprint - postscript - setup check

Neil Short neshort at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 21:42:36 UTC 2006

would you guys please check my setup. I have made it
the easiest in the world as far as I can tell.
When I send something (other than plain text) to lpr
my printer makes some bumping and warmup noises but
prints nothing.

/etc/printcap:

# /etc/printcap

epson|lp:\
        :sh:\
        :sd=/usr/spool/lp:\
        :lp=/dev/ulpt0:\
        :if=/usr/local/libexec/printfilter:\
        :mx#0:

====
/usr/local/libexec/printfilter
#!/bin/sh

printf "\033&k2G" || exit 2

IFS="" read -r first_line
/usr/local/bin/gs -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -q -sDEVICE=ijs \
        -sIjsServer=/usr/local/bin/ijsgutenprint.5.0 \
        -sDeviceManufacturer=EPSON \
        -sDeviceModel=escp2-cx4800  \
        -sPAPERSIZE=letter \
        -sOutputFile=- - && exit 0
exit 2

======
Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, for all his works are truth, and his ways are justice; and he is able to bring low those who walk in pride.
Daniel 4:37