Mount an unknown drive

Joshua Lewis joshua.lewis at familyfunzone.net
Tue Jul 25 01:19:40 UTC 2006

   I have a server that has been inoperative for the last few months
   (FreeBSD 6.0). I decided to turn on the system and it goes right to a
   boot prompt. So I downloaded FreeSBIE and am trying to mount the old
   drive to see if there is any data on the drive worth saving. When I
   try to mount /dev/ad0s1f /mnt I get a device busy message. Am I even
   trying to mount the correct slice. I have tried s1a - s1f.

   Is it possible it was already mounted and that is why it says it is
   busy. There is nothing in dmesg that shows asd0*.
   Sincerely,
   Joshua Lewis