multiple hardware problems on Sony VAIO

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Mon Jul 24 11:28:13 UTC 2006

Erik Nørgaard <norgaard at locolomo.org> writes:

> I am trying to get things up working (FBSD 6.1-STABLE) on a VAIO FJ3S
> notebook, but have trouble with some devices: cardbus, wireless network
> and sound. And I haven't even tried looking at the built in camera,
> memory card reader or firewire ...
>
> It may be related, they are all on a ICH6 controler

You can start with:
  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/99663

which was all I needed to hack up for whatever I was doing on my
ICH6 system (sorry; it was a whole month ago, and I've forgotten
the details of what, precisely, I was fixing at the time).

It probably won't be enough, but it will help...