Memory usage for MySQL

Vinicius Vianna ds at hacked.com.br
Sun Jul 23 15:42:33 UTC 2006

 From what I read you should only change kern.maxdsiz, changing
kern.dfldsiz makes every process allocating this amount of memory by
default, thats bad.

Something like:

kern.maxdsiz="1395864371" # 1.3GB
#kern.dfldsiz="1395864371" # 1.3GB
#kern.maxssiz="134217728" # 128MB

would do the trick for you, check limits also and see what the init
scripts may be limiting on this process.

HTH,
DS