Mail system Suggestions

Erik Nørgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Sat Jul 22 10:19:16 UTC 2006

Gerard Seibert wrote:
> I am setting up a simple mail system that will accumulate 20 people. I
> already have Postfix installed. I was wondering what users would
> suggest to complete the system. I was thinking of Cyrus-Imap or perhaps
> Dovecot or maybe something else. I definitely want an imap system.

A recent discussion on the list showed a lot of support for Dovecot - it
should be easy to setup for a single domain. I use Cyrus, but I might
try out Dovecot if it supported virtual domains.

If you ever need to migrate between various imap servers because you
redecide, then you can create a perl script to move the mail using the
imap protocol, then you don't need to care what server is running.

Cheers, Erik

--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org
X.509 Certificate: http://www.locolomo.org/crt/8D03551FFCE04F0C.crt