emulators ports: linux_base-8 vs linux_base-fc4

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Thu Jul 13 18:33:08 UTC 2006

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 21:18:57 +0300 Petre Bandac wrote:

> after a cvsup, portupgrading acroread gives me the following:

> ######
> linux_base-fc-4_6 conflicts with installed package(s):
>       linux_base-8-8.0_15

> They install files into the same place.
>       Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
> ######

> and
> kgb# pkg_info linux_base-8-8.0_15
> Information for linux_base-8-8.0_15:

> Comment:
> Base set of packages needed in Linux mode (for i386/amd64)

> Required by:
> acroread7-7.0.1,1
> linux-XFree86-libs-4.3.99.902_7
> linux-atk-1.8.0_2
> linux-expat-1.95.7_1
> linux-firefox-1.5.0.4
> linux-flashplugin-6.0r79_3
> linux-fontconfig-2.2.3_4
> linux-glib2-2.4.8_2
> linux-gtk2-2.4.14_4
> linux-hicolor-icon-theme-0.5
> linux-jpeg-6b.33_1
> linux-pango-1.6.0_2
> linux-png-1.2.8_1
> linux-tiff-3.6.1_6
> linux_dri-4.4.0
> skype-1.2.0.18

> is it ok deleting linux_base-8 and installing linux-base-fc4 ? will the
> dependencies be satisfied ?

According to /usr/ports/UPDATING (please read it for detailed
information) you should replace linux base and linux X libraries.
All the dependencies should be satisfied.

BTW there were many changes to linux infrostructure ports since your
installation. You may consider portupgrading them all.

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve