qt33 Port Compilation Error

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Jul 5 20:58:32 UTC 2006

On Jul 5, 2006, at 4:27 PM, Jacob Jennings wrote:
> If I correct this unterminated comment in that file the compilation
> will continue until another error concerning the same file occurs,
> whose only output is:
> *** Signal 4
> I've never had these problems with QT before and I've been using KDE
> for 4 years! Already tried googling but to no avail. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated. Thankies!

Signal 4 means illegal instruction.

It's possible that you are trying to compile for an architecture that
your current CPU can't handle, or there's a bug in the compiler,
however (most likely), you've got a hardware problem involving bad
memory or the like, and a session with memtest86 would probably be a
good idea as a sanity check...

--
-Chuck