requesting some info on CVSUP (some is help related, others are your own personal preferences)

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Sat Jul 1 01:58:30 UTC 2006

"Jim Stapleton" <stapleton.41 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3) *default release=cvs tag=.
> OK, what other options are there for release/tag, and where can I find them?
>
> For tag, I know of RELENG_#, and I suspect there is also CURRENT_# and
> STABLE_#, is there any other, such as RELENG_#_#, etc?

You can use either tag= or date=

date= is useful if you know a specific port worked on a certain day and
was broken afterwards, or if you're rolling out several machines over
a period of time and want to ensure they all have the same ports tree
for consistency sake.

tag=. means "latest".  The ports tree doesn't have other tags.

The source tree has RELENG tags, and tag=. is head (again: latest).
See this page for more on source tags:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvs-tags.html

--
Bill Moran

That's why I never kiss 'em on the mouth.

	Jayne Cobb