pkg_add down!

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Tue Jan 31 11:15:58 PST 2006

I just now installed 6.0 from cd and installed all my ports using
the pkg_add command and its default ftp server.
Took less than 2 hours start to finish.
I have no firewall or "packetshaper" in between.
So there is nothing wrong with  Freebsd 6.0 or pkg_add command.
pkg_add uses fetch in passive mode as default.

Look very hard at your "packetshaper" or firewall as source of your
problem.
Try turning then off before you run the pkg_add command again.