Problem with fsck : continued

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Tue Jan 31 09:56:19 PST 2006

You are going around the wrong way to solve your problem.
Problem is not with FreeBSD or fsck, it's your electrical power
supply.
Every body else in the world puts a UPS unit between their pc and
the wall socket.
The UPS unit can give you 30 min run time from its battery and then
signal its time to shutdown your system.
There is FreeBSD port system software that works with different UPS
systems to do this. After system shutdown when your power comes back
on your system will start up normally with no problems and no risk
to the hardware. A complete hands off solution. Having the power
stopped on a running pc will damage the hardware and destroy your
system. You are just plan lucky that has not occured yet.