Connection refused when trying do download ports

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Mon Jan 30 17:44:29 PST 2006

> I've updated the ports tree with portsnap and then I try and install a new
> port such as ImageMagick and it can't find the source anywhere. For almost
> all the locations, I get the message that my connection is refused. Does
> anybody have any idea what's going on?

Did you try to download the ports by hand? That would help to make
sure you are allowed to connect.

When you are trying to make a port you should see something like:

banyan<on>: make
=> atk-1.10.3.tar.bz2 doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/gnome2.
=> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/ftp.gnome.org/sources/atk/1.10/.

Just try to fetch that URL:

fetch ftp://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/ftp.gnome.org/sources/atk/1.10/

What is the error message? Maybe you have forgotten to configure a
proxy or something?

Olivier