Is there a how-to super-page for FreeBSD?

Xn Nooby xnooby at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 00:08:25 PST 2006

There are several websites people have put together for Ubuntu that show
every little step for configuring Ubuntu, is there such a page for FreeBSD?

For example, tonight I installed Firefox, and wanted to install Acrobat,
Flash, Realplayer, and Java.  I was able to find Acrobat and Flash by using
Google (the solution was at bsdforums.org).  Realplayer and Java I still
need to find.

Here is an example of a really useful Ubuntu page:   http://ubuntuguide.org

The "Add-On Applications" is especially useful for people who have just done
an install, and want their machine to be a "desktop" machine.

It just seems like the only way to find out things for FreeBSD is to ask on
the lists, or Google a list archive.  It would be really great if there was
a "super-page" that had all the common add-ons.  I use Fluxbox instead of
GNOME or KDE, so  I prefer generic solutions.

I've been keeping notes as I play with FreeBSD, and will eventually put up
such a page if no one beats me to it.  I'm still a FreeBSD nooby though, so
it might take me a while.  There are some people here that bascially know
how to do everything with FreeBSD, I guess I'm hoping they will put
something together (or maybe help me).