Easy way to activate KQEMU for QEMU?

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Thu Jan 26 17:44:05 PST 2006

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Xn Nooby wrote:

> I de-installed qemu and kqemu, then I reinstalled qemu with the WITH_QEMU
> option.  Before I could get KQEMU to work, I had to enter this command:
>
>   kldload kqemu.ko
>
> I've read that I can put this command in my /boot/loader.conf file

Correct. The line to add to /boot/loader.conf is

kqemu_load="YES"

That will do the same thing as 'kldload kqemu.ko', except it happens
automatically at boot.

> So far, I cannot really tell if it is faster, but I am assuming it is.

Subjectively, it is for me. My guest OS boots and runs apparently *much*
faster with kqemu than without. Of course, I have no measurements.

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]