Apache not included

Dan O'Connor dan at ferrarishields.com
Wed Jan 25 14:47:30 PST 2006

> I'm a bit of a new user to BSD from Windows/Linux.  But I recently
> went
> thru the 5.4 version installer and was pleased at how simple it was to
> install the Apache web server thru the sysinstall menus.  After
> reinstalling with 6.0 I was surprised to find that apache wasn't an
> option
> from this menu.
>
>  Any ideas if this is an omission or intentional?  I would think a
> webserver would definitely be included in the basic config.

Well, which one do you want?

Bare bones apache 1.3?
# cd /usr/ports/www/apache13 && make install clean

apache 1.3 + IPv6?
# cd /usr/ports/www/apache13+ipv6 && make install clean

apache 1.3 w/ built-in mod_perl?
# cd /usr/ports/www/apache13-modperl && make install clean

apache 1.3 w/ built-in mod_ssl?
# cd /usr/ports/www/apache13-modssl && make install clean

apache 1.3 w/ built-in mod_ssl and IPv6?
# cd /usr/ports/www/apache13-modssl+ipv6 && make install clean

apache 1.3 w/ SSL?
# cd /usr/ports/www/apache13-ssl && make install clean

apache 2.0?
# cd /usr/ports/www/apache20 && make install clean

apache 2.1?
# cd /usr/ports/www/apache21 && make install clean

apache 2.2?
# cd /usr/ports/www/apache22 && make install clean

There's just too many flavors to include in sysinstall...

~Dan

--
FreeBSD Cheat Sheets
   http://www.mostgraveconcern.com/freebsd/