Configuring a Printer - Printing Code

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Mon Jan 23 16:45:00 PST 2006

Hi everyone. I've been trying to get this going for quite a while, but
got busy. I'm finally back on it now so hopefully someone may have a
suggestion because I'm stumped.

I've got a Lexmark Z52 printer shared through CUPS on the network from a
different machine. I've also got CUPS running on the machine I am trying
to get to print. It sees the shared printer and can use the CUPS
interface to print a test page to the printer shared by the other computer.

The problem comes when printing from this machine. Whenever trying to
print, instead of printing the text of the document or website, it
prints a bunch of code. Here is a short sample:

-------
flipXY 0 eq c3x2 c4x2 eq or
{false PickCoords }
{ /shrink c3x2 c4x2 eq
  {0} {c1x2 c4x2 sub c3x2 c4x2 sub div abs} ifelse def
  /xshrink {c4x2 sub shrink mul c4x2 add} def
[...etc...]
-------

The printer is shared via CUPS as: "LEXMARK Z52 - CUPS+Gimp-Print v4.2.7
on Mark-Kanes-Computer.local."

That machine "Mark-Kanes-Computer.local." is the machine that's sharing
it over the network, which runs Mac OS X Jaguar.

On the machine trying to print, I do have Gimp Print installed, as well
as some other print related ports as I was trying to follow a guide back
when I initially attempted to install it.

a2ps-a4-4.13b_3
ghostscript-gnu-7.07_13
gnu-7.07_13
gimp-print-4.2.7_1
libijs-0.35
xfce4-print-4.2.3
xorg-printserver-6.8.2_2

Thanks very much in advance for any suggestions!

-Mark
FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE [i386]

--
GnuPG Public Key:
http://www.mkproductions.org/mk_pubkey.asc

Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com
Rock 101.9 The Edge (Rock) - http://www.rock1019.net

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)