pls help network thoughput

Andrew P. infofarmer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 16:45:15 PST 2006

On 1/7/06, ann kok <annkok2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I use feebsd 4.11 as router with intel Giga card about
> 1 year
>
> Recently, the bandwidth couldn't grow and stop to
> about 383M. ls it the maximum thoughtput of the
> freebsd?

Yes, FreeBSD has quite a few limits hardcoded which
gives other OSes a chance to look decent in various
tests and benchmarks.

Anyway, please provide additional details. CPU
load one of the most important factors here. According
to some people, polling makes it show incorrect (lower)
values. Can you run iperf with different switches? Can
you try and tweak polling-related sysctl variables?