FreeBSD 6 - Do i need both CD1 and CD2 ?

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 10:01:06 PST 2006

On 1/3/06, Jerry McAllister <jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu> wrote:
> Just a question here -- What do you mean until it goes stable?
> FreeBSD 6.0 is already at RELEASE which is beyond stable.
> So you have the terminology mangled or just the typing?

You're right: per the FreeBSD world, I've botched the two terms.  But
if we're talking pure semantics, wouldn't you be more likely to
entrust something labelled "STABLE" over a similar thing labelled
"RELEASE"? ;)

And of course, I'm now much more interested that procedure than I was
a few minutes ago!

Thanks,
~John