6.0-REL && isos of distfiles

Greg Barniskis nalists at scls.lib.wi.us
Tue Jan 3 06:43:21 PST 2006

RW wrote:
> On Friday 30 December 2005 13:54, Greg Barniskis wrote:
>

>>distribution ISOs as packages. Again, if you simply must have
>>sources not packages, then at your high speed location, do something
>>like:
>>
>>portupgrade -F '*'
>>
>>Then burn your own ISOs any which way you like. Try to be more
>>specific about what you want than '*' or you may be sorry due to the
>>sheer volume -- do you really want all of the sources for nearly
>>14,000 ports?
>

> "*" is a package glob that applies only to the entries in the package
> database, so you wont get the source 14,000 ports, unless you've already
> installed them all.

Yeah, I guess I knew that wasn't quite right, thus the hedge
language: "something like". I suppose I should have just said "see
man portupgrade" or taken the time to do that myself. Thanks for the
clarification.

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348