Replacing broken drive on RocketRaid 1520 SATA RAID controller

Björn König bkoenig at cs.tu-berlin.de
Tue Feb 28 12:24:06 PST 2006

N3TW4LK3R schrieb:

> The one I'm having trouble with right now only has 3 options in its BIOS:
> Create Array, Delete Array, Set Boot Disk. That's it :(

I had a 1520 too and as far as I can remember the controller BIOS asks
for rebuilding a broken array automatically on boot.

Unfortunately I can't help with the current problem because I used the
controller with Highpoint's binary-only driver that let the array appear
as da0 instead of ar0. I used Highpoint's management software to rebuild
  an array on-the-fly, but I think this won't work as long as you don't
use this driver.

Björn