can't cd to /usr/ports/devel/libtool13

Xn Nooby xnooby at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 10:42:46 PST 2006

I fixed most of the errors from my upgrade from 6.1 p#1 to 6.1 p#2, and in
the process apparently upgraded to 6.1 p#3.  I am still getting a libtool
error.

Earlier, I did a "make deinstall clean" on all ports that were using
libtool, and after removing about 10, I thought I had it fixed.  It doesn't
seem I am able to remove XMMS, though it appears to deinstall successfully
when I run the command.  Portupgrade still fails.  I'm not really sure what
it going on at this point.  I tried to do a "less /usr/src/UPDATING", but
now it doesn't show the entry that was in there last night.  An entry for
2/23 about libtool being moved, and there not being any easy fix.

Here is my error:

az# portversion -l "<"
az# portupgrade -arR
cd: can't cd to /usr/ports/devel/libtool13
** Package 'libtool' has been removed from ports tree.
** Port directory not found: devel/libtool13
** Detected a package name change: xmms (multimedia/xmms) -> 'xmms-esound'
(multimedia/xmms)
** No need to upgrade 'xmms-1.2.10_4' (>= xmms-esound-1.2.10_4). (specify -f
to force)
** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
        !  (libtool-1.3.5_2)    (port directory error)
--->  Packages processed: 0 done, 174 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed
az#

Here is the first entry in UPDATING:

Items affecting the ports and packages system can be found in
/usr/ports/UPDATING.  Please read that file before running
portupgrade.

20060211:
        An IPv6 support of ipfw was enabled by default.  If you don't
        want to filter an IPv6 by ipfw, please add following line into
        your ipfw rule: