Bandwidth Problems with Freebsd 5.x

Donald J. O'Neill donaldjoneill at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 15:53:06 PST 2006

On Saturday 25 February 2006 16:30, ptitoliv wrote:
> Donald J. O'Neill a écrit :
> >Not hardly. I'll bet that 950kB/s for the Debian box was the peak
> >download speed and it didn't maintain it through the entire
> > download.
> >
> >Don
>
> The Debian Box is capable to make a 5 MB/s stable connection easily.
>
> Regards,
> Ptitoliv

Maybe, but not to the internet on an  1.5Mb/s connection. Your aDSL line
is only good for at most 1.5M and that's not guaranteed to happen all
the time. There are a lot of things that go on to throttle that. At
home I can connect between computers at 100 Mb/s, so what. I can't
connect to the internet at faster than what's capable of being supplied
by the ISP.

Don