Upgrading Freebsd 5.4 release to 5.4 stable

Jayesh Jayan jayesh.freebsdlist at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 06:50:02 PST 2006

That was valuable in deed ....

The 12 server are all identical but the problem is that the test machine
which we will be using is not of the same class as that of the server.

Then all the server run a custom built kernel and not the generic one.

By "mode" I meant how to go about doing this process. Is it better to go the
cvs way or the binary way ?

Currently we have not yet thought of freebsd 6.0, we are thinking of making
the servers bit more stable with the stable version....

We came to this conclusion because our servers do have a problem were the
server gets rebooted automatically with put any reason ( I couldn't get any
from the logs )

This issue is there with all the servers but the one server suffers the most
( having a real bad uptime which is max of 2 days )

I hope to get more data on the same so that the transition is done smoothly

--
Jayesh Jayan

"The box said "Requires Windows 95, NT, or better", so I installed Linux."

Visit my homepage @ http://www.jayeshjayan.com