NAS advice?

Brian Josefsen josefsen at wasd.dk
Tue Feb 14 07:16:19 PST 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 08:59:44AM -0500, DAve wrote:

> My questions! I will install FreeBSD on the Poweredge. Should I, could
> I, install FreeBSD on the Powervaults? I've no experience with them. If
> they are stable, I would just as soon plug them in and let them go.

The Dell's are great with FreeBSD, but pay attention if it has one of
those Dell DRAC controllers for remote management that it will appear to
FreeBSD as an usb keyboard + mouse and therefore take precedence over an
ps/2 keyboard or an usb keyboard which will be handled as an extra
keyboard. Therefore, before you reboot after installation from the shell
prompt make sure you add keyboard=/dev/kbd0 to your rc.conf _before_
rebooting.

Good luck with your project

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards