Tracking Security in Ports and Base System

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 05:53:45 PST 2006

Andreas Davour wrote:

> Which makes me finally throw out a question I've been wondering about.
> Is there no way of getting a specific tagged ports tree, if you'd like
> to get a ports tree the way it looked when, say, 4.6-RELEASE came out?

Sure you can.  Just edit your ports supfile to have:

  *default release=cvs tag=RELEASE_4_6_0

and re-cvsup.  Note that the tags used in ports are disjoint from the tags
used in the main system sources.  Mix them up and you'll end up with a
/usr/ports (or a /usr/src) with not a lot in it.

There's also no guarantee that any of the distfiles referenced from a
ports tree that old will still be available.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       Flat 3
                                                      7 Priory Courtyard