recovering from failed cvsup upgrade

wo_shi_big_stomach wo_shi_big_stomach at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 10:44:35 PST 2006

--- Chuck Swiger <cswiger at mac.com> wrote:

> wo_shi_big_stomach wrote:
> > Greetings. I need help recovering a system that
> became
> > unresponsive during an upgrade. Steps:
>
> Download the FreeBSD 5.4 .iso image, and do a binary
> upgrade installation from
> that.  You should have run "mergemaster -p" before
> the initial buildworld, and
> you should run mergemaster without the flag
> afterwards...

Thanks -- I have that system back. Whew.

The upgrade routine warned that it could not replace
the /usr/src tree and that cvsup was the right way to
do this.

To get this system from 5.4-RELEASE to RELENG_5_4, am
I ok just cvsup'ing src-all followed by the rest of
the steps you indicated?

If not, what steps will get the sources in sync?

thanks again!