Protecting Windows

David Newall davidn at rebel.net.au
Thu Feb 9 01:40:20 PST 2006

Brian Astill wrote:
> program runs on Windows 2000/XP only.  Why would anyone in their
> right mind NOT port a program as sensible as this to a SECURE OS?
I should say that Windows XP is not intrinsically insecure.  You can
secure it, and I don't mean trivially by removing the network
connection, but by shutting down unneeded services, replacing
iexplorer.exe with firefox where possible, and so on.  I have heard that
Dragon Naturally Speaking is very good, and that seems like a good
reason to run Windows.