Getting a new server

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Sat Feb 4 08:20:48 PST 2006

On Feb 4, 2006, at 1:54 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> The beauty of the greylist milter over the way your doing it, is that
> with
> your method, the spammer is able to completely send the message to
> you.
> Yes I realize the message gets killed in between your outside
> server and
> your user's mailbox.  But, the spammer doesen't know that and they
> think
> they have successfully sent a message.  Thus it encourages them to
> keep sending.

Uhh, no.  They may be sending the message but they get the reject in
the DATA phase before the smtp connection is done.  The spammer does
NOT think he has successfully sent the message unless it is one that
does not care anyway to finish the smtp connection.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider