Natively supported inexpensive RAID cards

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sat Feb 4 00:54:29 PST 2006

udma raid cards like the highpoint series are very cheap on ebay because
so many people think sata is better that they are dumping them.  At the
same
time the drive manufacturers are dumping udma drives because they are
thinking the same thing.

TLast month for example I just put 2 mirrored 160GB seagates on a
highpoint.  The seagates were rebated down to about $35 each, and the
highpoint was off ebay for about $15.  If it's cheap disk storage your
looking
for, you can't really beat that.

Ted