rc.subr options conflict with one another

Calvin Hendryx-Parker calvin at sixfeetup.com
Thu Aug 17 13:42:34 UTC 2006

I stumbled upon a bug that I wanted to run by the list first before
submitting it to the bugs list.

If you create a start script and use rc.subr with both of these
variables set in your script you won't get the desired effect.

${name}_user="myuser"
start_cmd="${command} start"

The first argument will start the command using su if you aren't using
chroot, and the second one will allow you to override the default method
for start for example.  When you use the start_cmd or any of the
argument_cmd variable the su command will not be used to start your daemon.

Does this look like a valid bug or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Calvin
--
S i x  F e e t  U p , I n c .  |  "Nowhere to go but open source"
Silicon Valley: +1 (650) 401-8579 x602
mailto:cparker at sixfeetup.com
http://www.sixfeetup.com  |  Zope/Plone Dedicated Hosting from $35/month