portupgrade bdb1 vs bdb4

Evren Yurtesen yurtesen at ispro.net.tr
Thu Aug 17 13:10:37 UTC 2006

Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen at ispro.net.tr> writes:
>
>> What is the advantage of using bdb4 instead of bdb1 while installing portupgrade?
>
> If you really want to follow it up:
> the pkg-descr points you to that information.

I still dont see what is the advantage of using it with portupgrade? in
sleepycat.com there is info about bdb4 but I couldnt find a comparison
or anything which might show the differences?

Version 4.1 of the Berkeley DB library. This version uses an underlying
database format incompatible with revision 1 and a different standard API.
Utilities are included in the distribution to convert v1.85 databases to
v4.1
databases, and a backwards compatible API is provided to maintain
compatibility with programs using the v1.85 interface.

For details on compatibility with other DB versions, see:
http://www.sleepycat.com/download/patchlogs.shtml

WWW: http://www.sleepycat.com/