Reinstalling Sendmail?

Andreas Widerøe Andersen wodfer at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 19:08:43 UTC 2006

On 8/10/06, Frank Staals <frankstaals at gmx.net> wrote:

> Andreas Widerøe Andersen wrote:
> > I have some problems with Sendmail (ref an older thread I posted):
> >
> > pid 72284 (sendmail), uid 0: exited on signal 11
> > pid 72505 (sendmail), uid 0: exited on signal 11
> > pid 72672 (sendmail), uid 0: exited on signal 11
> >
> > This happens every 30 minutes. It started after I upgraded from 4.7 to
> > 4.11p19.
> >

> > Is there some easy way I can reinstall sendmail completely getting it
> > back
> > to the way it is when installing a fresh system? I don't want to tweak
> > and
> > dig too much with this anymore so I rather start from scratch.
> >
> > I know it's part of the base system, but is there some way to do this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Andreas
> >

> You can recompile sendmail, you'll have to have the kernel sources
> installed though:
>
> # cd /usr/src/lib/libsm; make clean; make obj; make depend; make
> # cd /usr/src/lib/libsmutil; make clean; make obj; make depend; make
> # cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail; make clean; make obj; make depend; make;
> make install
>
> you might want to read Jonathan Horne's page about configuring sendmail (
> among other services ) :
>
> http://dfwlpiki.dfwlp.org/index.php/Deploying_a_FreeBSD_Server#Configuring_Mail_Services

Thanks!
Nice tutorial.

I have dowloaded all sources from cvs to my system. Should I delete some old
sources/working dirs/etc from when I've installed software before or from
when I built world and kernel?

I guess they're under /usr/src somewhere.

Just worried about some old files with wrong config that might screw this
up.

Thanks,
Andreas