Finding IP Addresses (OT)

RW list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com
Sun Aug 13 00:24:48 UTC 2006

On Thursday 10 August 2006 19:18, beno wrote:
> Hi;
> I'm configuring my IP filter and I need to figure out what IP addresses
> I use (via SSH2) to contact my server.

If I understand correctly you are trying to setup your server's firewall to
only allow connections from your home or office pc with a dynamic IP address.

Why not setup dynamic dns for your ip address, and setup the server to allow
connections from the particular hostname. If you use a DNS service, you can
probably do that already, otherwise there's dyndns.com. There are dynamic dns
update tools for various platforms.