vidcontrol

Jeff Molofee nehe at cruzinternet.com
Fri Aug 4 01:28:24 UTC 2006

I've noticed an odd problem when I set allscreens_flags="MODE_282". If I
set this in rc.conf, when I reboot my machine, the minute GDM comes up,
I can see black on the top half of my screen, overwriting everything
else on the screen. As I move the mouse, the black lines overwrite more
of the screen. I can also see a very tiny cursor moving in the black.
What this looks like to me, is that part of the console screen memory is
overwriting the screen. Is there a fix for this or is this a known
problem? If I disable the allscreens_flags in rc.conf, boot normally,
switch to a console CTLR_ALT-F1from within Gnome then run vidcontrol
MODE_282 then switch back everything is fine... no corruption.