need help troubleshooting man

Matti J. Karki mjk at iki.fi
Wed Aug 2 10:14:13 UTC 2006

On 8/1/06, Jonathan Horne <freebsd at dfwlp.com> wrote:
> i remember a thread from a few weeks back, that i followed closely, but
> was never able to resolve my issue as the original poster did.  i have a
> 6.1-STABLE system that the bulk of my mans to not work, but some that are
> recently installed from ports are working.  can someone guide me thru
> trouble shooting this issue?

I managed to get this kind of situation by installing first the
"minimal set" (or "distribution") and then installing everything else
from the ports. The minimal installation set does not have man pages.
To get small - but fully functional - installation, I had to install
the "User set", which contains the required binaries and all relevant
documentation files. Maybe re-running the sysinstall and selecting
appropriate distribution set could help?

        -Matti