need help troubleshooting man

Jonathan Horne freebsd at dfwlp.com
Tue Aug 1 20:22:02 UTC 2006

i remember a thread from a few weeks back, that i followed closely, but
was never able to resolve my issue as the original poster did.  i have a
6.1-STABLE system that the bulk of my mans to not work, but some that are
recently installed from ports are working.  can someone guide me thru
trouble shooting this issue?

i have several other boxes that are RELENG, and they all ahve 100% working
man pages, but this system (which is also my only system with x/kde) is
the only one not working.

[jhorne at athena ~]$ uname -a
FreeBSD athena.dfwlp.com 6.1-STABLE FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #0: Fri Jun 16
20:48:52 CDT 2006

root at athena.int.dfwlp.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ATHENA  i386
[jhorne at athena ~]$ man man
No manual entry for man
[jhorne at athena ~]$ man iftop
IFTOP(8)
IFTOP(8)

NAME
       iftop - display bandwidth usage on an interface by host

tia,
jonathan