X11+ssh+jail

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Wed Aug 2 00:07:12 UTC 2006

On Aug 1, 2006, at 5:44 PM, Micah wrote:

> I'm having problems trying to get X11 to forward from an ezjail
> created jail environment. Here's what happens:
>
> trisha% ssh -X 10.0.0.1
> test% xclock
> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.

Are you doing an su or something before you run the X program?  I
have not had problems launching X programs in side a jail over ssh
but I did get that same error when I did an su first since I was no
longer my username.  I copied the .Xauthority over from my user into
~root and it worked.  (In case anyone asks, I was testing a system
management app that needs to run as root to access some stuff and I
was just testing it for someone. I don't normally run X things at all
or as root )

Chad