asr-utils broken on 6.0?

Frank Laszlo laszlof at vonostingroup.com
Fri Apr 28 13:30:07 UTC 2006

Martin Hudec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Frank Laszlo wrote:
>> Has anyone had success using asr-utils on 6.0? I have an Adaptec 2000S
>> card, and I am simply trying to query the array with no success. It
>> keeps returning the following error when I run "raidutil -L all":
>>
>> Engine connect failed: COMPATILITY number
>>
>> I have googled for this error message and have found a couple threads
>> from about a year ago that suggest symlinking /dev/asr0 to a couple
>> other devices, /dev/rdptr17 and rdpti0. This does not fix the problem.
>> Any ideas? Thanks
>
> I am.
>
> If I remember correct then this one needs to have:
>
>     options         ASR_COMPAT
>
> enabled in kernel.
>

> Cheers,
> Martin

Thanks for the quick response Martin, I am having some issues with a
remote server, and was trying to figure out if one of the disks have
failed. I will recompile my kernel with this option and give it a show.
Nice of someone to mention this in the docs somewhere, huh? (I'll send a
patch over to the maintainer for the manpage if this works out)

-Frank