Installing Gnome (Or possibly other GUI)

MKR xxmkrxx at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 17:35:51 UTC 2006

So far I've had success running fluxbox on my old dell laptop with a
600mhz CPU and 128mb of RAM.

pkg_add -r fluxbox

It has a nice menu generator that will pick up most installed programs
and make them available to you through its menus.

I usualy have enough memory left to run konsole with a few shells,
gedit and opera with minimal swapping.