Newbie question -- which files to back up?

Oliver Iberien oliver.iberien at charter.net
Sun Apr 16 07:53:08 UTC 2006

I'm running FreeBSD 6.0 on a home machine and backing up to a DVD Burner,
probably using kdar, the dar archiver that comes with KDE.

My question is : which system files to back up, along with my personal stuff?
I'm used to using linux distributions that do your system backups for you.
The capacity of the DVDs sets a practical limit on what I can reasonably back
up, so I need to pick and choose, basically to make recovery easier should
everything go south. Thanks!

Oliver