persistent mixer volume levels

Bigby Findrake bigby at ephemeron.org
Fri Apr 14 20:33:13 UTC 2006

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006, David J Brooks wrote:

> What is the preferred method for making mixer volume levels persistent? As it
> stands now my sounds levels are dropped to about 75% after each reboot.

I suppose preferred would depend on what your priorities are.  If you
change the kernel source, it would be hard for you to change those
defaults later, as opposed to making a startup script in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d.

If you want to set the kernel defaults, they appear to be in
mixer.c (find /usr/src/sys -name mixer.c -print) in snd_mixerdefaults.

The opinions above are solely those of a 12 year old hacker who has broken
into my account, and not those of my employer or any other organization.

                    finger://bigby@ephemeron.org
                   http://www.ephemeron.org/~bigby/
                   irc://irc.ephemeron.org/#the_pub