[kde-freebsd] Re: Problem compiling KOffice

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Fri Apr 14 09:15:28 UTC 2006

Hello Ashley,

Did you see this part?

>> This isn't an error in KOffice - take a look at the actual problem report:
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=92408
>>
>> (Executive summary: Reinstall graphics/ImageMagick.)

Nikolas,

>> KOffice 1.5 will be committed to ports as soon as the upcoming FreeBSD
>> releases are out the door (actually, KDE 3.5.2 wasn't supposed to go in
>> before that either - however, I forgot about the ports slush and got
>> folded for committing it by portmgr. I'm not going to again. :)
>>

> As in waiting for 6.1-RELEASE and 5.5-RELEASE or just the next RC?

Technically until all the releases are out the door. The reason for this
is that portmgr wants to be able to slip the tag for the
6.1-RELEASE/5.5-RELEASE packages if the need for some critical security
updates should arise at the last minute.

I have however contacted portmgr again and asked if I can jump the gun
with KOffice, since there's obviously some public demand.

> And does that mean
> you already have the koffice port updated

Yes ... the KOffice port and 60 KOffice i18n ports (and it builds on
FreeBSD 4, too).

I don't have the big diff against ports ready yet - if portmgr says I'll
have to wait for the releases, I'll make it available on monday.

>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=95678
>
> Please don't do that. FreeBSD's bugtracking system gets enough abuse
> as it is.

> Ok... I thought that's what you should do though?

GNATS is for bug reports, documentation changes, port upgrades and new
port submissions. It's not a public message board.

Cheers,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org