[kde-freebsd] Re: Problem compiling KOffice

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 10:12:51 UTC 2006

On 4/13/06, Michael Nottebrock <lofi at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Nikolas Britton schrieb:

> > [snipped]
> >> Has it really not been fixed in all this time?
>
> This isn't an error in KOffice - take a look at the actual problem report:
>
> (Executive summary: Reinstall graphics/ImageMagick.)
>
> > You are jumping the gun, koffice 1.5 is not even in the ports tree
> > yet.... BUT if you can't wait I've modified the official koffice port
> > to build koffice 1.5.0. It compiles just fine on my system running
> > FreeBSD 6.1-RC1 with KDE 3.5.2.
>
> KOffice 1.5 will be committed to ports as soon as the upcoming FreeBSD
> releases are out the door (actually, KDE 3.5.2 wasn't supposed to go in
> before that either - however, I forgot about the ports slush and got
> folded for committing it by portmgr. I'm not going to again. :)

As in waiting for 6.1-RELEASE and 5.5-RELEASE or just the next RC? It
could be up to a month if you wait for -RELEASE... And does that mean
you already have the koffice port updated, if you do email me the shar
file or post it somewhere... post it to the pr I made.

> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=95678
>
> Please don't do that. FreeBSD's bugtracking system gets enough abuse as
> it is.

Ok... I thought that's what you should do though?

--
BSD Podcasts @ http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/