Wanted: Flash player for <browser_of_choice>....

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein.h at lvor.halvorsen.cc
Thu Apr 13 20:54:28 UTC 2006

On 4/13/06, Gayn Winters <gayn.winters at bristolsystems.com> wrote:
> After reading the Adobe licensing FAQs
> http://www.macromedia.com/licensing/distribution/faq/
> It seems to me that the proper route would be via a special license
> request rather than a feature request.

You are probably right. I filed the feature request, because I was
advised by the customer support to do so. They thought that it would
be beter to try to get a native FreeBSD version, than go the license
change request route. But probably a special license is an even better
solution. Anyway, I'd say it good to fellow all paths that might get
us Flash on FreeBSD, that is both try to license Flash for FreeBSD,
try to get them to make a native version, and develope an open source
implementation.

> This would probably get to
> someone in their legal department who could decide if a change in the
> EULA is easier that a special FreeBSD license (which would have to get
> distributed with the port or package.)  On the cited page there is a
> link to a form for such special license requests.  I don't know who the
> right person within the FreeBSD community is to make such a request....

The FreeBSD Foundation, I would say.

Svein Halvor