Wanted: Flash player for <browser_of_choice>....

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein.h at lvor.halvorsen.cc
Thu Apr 13 18:17:17 UTC 2006

On 4/13/06, Bob Johnson <fbsdlists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that if only one person questions this, their response will be
> that there aren't enough FreeBSD users to worry about.  If several
> question it (politely), it might get a little attention somewhere
> above the front-line customer service level.
>
> Anyway, the answer I got is not highly enlightening.  The most
> significant paragraph (I think):
>
>    Please note that it is your option whether to install Flash Player
>    on your FreeBSD; however, please note that we cannot provide
>    you with any technical support, warranties or remedies for the
>    software, although it is clearly stated on the End User License
>    Agreement, the only authorized operating systems where you
>    may download and install Flash Player.
>
> I'm pretty sure they are telling me that is up to me whether or not I
> break the law. I already knew that.

When I emailed them about this, I was first told that FreeBSD was not
tested and therefor not supported. But when I clarified my question,
stating that the issue is a legal one, not a technical one, they told
me thet the EULA must be respected. (What else could they have said?).

They were understanding, though, and asked me to file a feature
request for the Flash team, to support FreeBSD, which I did.

Svein Halvor